It has been said about lawyers;
“A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.” — Benjamin Franklin.
“What’s the use of that, Wendell, a lawyer can’t be a great man!”— Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., on his son’s plans to attend law school
“A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a brief.” — Franz Kafka
“The first thing we do. Let’s kill all the lawyers.” — William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part 2
“The trial lawyer does what Socrates was executed for: making the worse argument appear the stronger.” — Judge Irving Kaufman
“I don’t think you can make a lawyer honest by an act of legislature. You’ve got to work on his conscience. And his lack of conscience is what makes him a lawyer.” — Will Rogers
“A man who never graduated from school might steal from a freight car. But a man who attends college and graduates as a lawyer might steal the whole railroad.” — President Theodore Roosevelt, attempting to persuade his son to become a lawyer.
Mark Twain was at a dinner party where he gave one of his customary after-dinner speeches. When he had finished a prominent lawyer stood up, shoved his hands in his pockets and said, “Doesn’t it strike this company as unusual that a professional humorist should be so funny?” Mark Twain came back with, “Doesn’t it strike this company as unusual that a lawyer should have both hands in his own pockets?”
And God said: “Let there be Satan, so people don’t blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don’t blame everything on Satan.”
Yet consider if you will what just one firm, our firm, Strellis & Field, has done in the product liability field of law saving life and limb:
- Workers now have walk behind saws that have symmetrically driven arbor assemblies that ensure safe operation.
- The “dead” weights are fastened to cable in a fail-safe manner on overhead cranes.
- After-coolers are required on oil lubricated feather valves.
- In the process of vulcanizing rubber the oxygen retention properties are now known to create solid fuels so appropriate safety measures are required to protect the worker in a closed environment.
- The rear passenger in a vehicle is a projectile with sufficient mass to cause distortion and collapse of the front seat thus causing a design change.
- Shields are placed on pizza cutters.
- Ablation medical devices are required to seal the cervix.
Let us just say, “we can look ourselves in the mirror.”
The social good is the by-product of asserting a claim that results in fairly compensating our client. We have high regard for the scientific method in our approach to product liability litigation.
If you or your family member has been injured by a defective or hazardous product, contact our products liability attorneys today for a free initial consultation and a complete analysis of the circumstances. Our lawyers are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (312) 201-0000
Defective and unsafe products show up everywhere in the consumer market. All of us, as consumers, workers, drivers, passengers, or people just going about their daily lives, face the dangers of a defective product. At Strellis & Field, Chartered, our personal injury attorneys have represented hundreds of injured persons in products liability litigation.
A Wealth of Experience · Abundant Results
We can represent clients injured by:
- Unsafe toys, playground equipment, and other products which the public counts on to be safe for children and their caretakers
- Defective or malfunctioning construction equipment and industrial tools
- Automobile defects
- Hazardous pharmaceuticals
- Other dangerous products
Falls · Burns · Catastrophic Injuries · Allergic Reactions
People are injured in falls, by burns, and by taking medicine to which they are allergic. Children swallow small toy pieces, get their heads caught in cribs and playpens, and are hurt in numerous other ways by products not fully tested or for which inadequate warnings were supplied. The underlying cause for many car and truck accidents is a defective or malfunctioning product on the vehicle. Often, product liability actions will overlap with medical malpractice and other personal injury and wrongful death matters.
For more information on our product liability practice, we invite you to contact us, or call us at (312) 201-0000.